Your carpet is a very important factor in feeling comfortable in your home. It’s the first thing your feet touch getting out of bed in the morning. It’s also what you walk on after a long day at work. It’s where you children sit and play. Your carpet selection is important!
At Tallen Builders of Ocala, Fla., we do everything from remodels to building luxury and custom homes. We want your home to look its best, no matter what.
When choosing a carpet pad, you want to make sure you select quality. There are many benefits the carpet pad provides to the actual carpet. This is one scenario where the saying out of sight, out of mind does not apply.
The carpet pad serves a variety purposes:
– The carpet pad can create a softer feel while walking on your carpet. Although this is a beneficial bonus to what the carpet pad can do, it is not always the case. Some high quality carpet pads might provide less comfort than a cheaper one. Don’t let this fool you – the carpet pad has many additional uses.
– The carpet pad can make cleaning your carpet easier and more efficient. When you vacuum a carpet that sits on a pad, the carpet itself can lift up and help the vacuum remove more dust and dirt.
– A carpet pad also provides insulation for your room. If your carpet padding has a high R-value, then your carpet will keep your room warmer and can prevent drafts from seeping through a porous carpet material. The R-value is the rating of your carpet’s level of insulation.
– Do you hear people walking upstairs in your two-story home? A quality carpet pad will also dampen sound. This is also useful if you are creating a bedroom out of your basement or garage.
When you are choosing a new carpet, there are a lot of factors to consider. Read some of tips below to help guide your next carpet selection.
Here are some of the first considerations you should account for:
– Where is the carpet going? Is it for a bedroom, family room or hallway? Depending on the location will determine the wear and tear and lifespan of your carpet selection.
– Pricing on carpets varies widely, and the most expensive is not always the right choice for the amount of usage the carpet could incur. Make sure to stay within your budget.
– Another factor to consider is moisture. If you are going to put carpet in your bathroom, kitchen, basement or pool room, make sure the fibers can tolerate the dampness. If not, you will ruin your carpet quickly and have to deal with the mold and mildew.
– If you have children or pets, look to find a stain resistant carpet or go with a cheaper selection you can replace in a few years.
We hope you learned a few things to consider when selecting your next carpet and pad. Remember most carpets are around for many years, and choosing wisely will pay off in the long run.
Tallen Builders is your Ocala, Fla. home builder. We offer several general contracting services, and our portfolio of projects speaks for itself. Want more information about what we do? Contact us or get in touch via social media.
Read our article on how to choose the right carpet and carpet pad for your home. http://t.co/qyzZTcgtGP
— Tallen Builders (@TallenBuilders) February 20, 2015